- At only $15/month for unlimited access, Sirius Connections
provides inexpensive and reliable internet access. Their generous lowest-cost
package is currently $18.95 per month.
- The Little Garden
as a way for the San Francisco Internet community to get reasonable
cost Internet Access. They specialize in providing connectivity for
businesses and technical users--everything from PPP to T1
- Slip.Net provides
users with a variety of services and packages which can always be upgraded
gradually. (For instance, an additional POP e-mail acct. only costs $5.00.)
Their lowest package runs under $20/month with unlimited connection time.
- Based in Mountain View, Best has an outstanding
reputation for providing 'round the clock technical support and
trouble-free connectivity. Their emphasis has shifted more toward corporate
clients and "web hosting" accounts, so the lowest monthly package is now at
- If you're a member of the
Well you can put pages up on their server, in addition to
to some of the most stimulating and interesting online conferencing
- Another active online community, this one with a very
progressive political orientation, exists in the Bay Area. The Institute for Global
Communications offers PeaceNet, EcoNet, WomensNet, and LaborNet to
for conferencing and internet access.
- In a totally different league, GeoNet provides blazing T1 and T3 connections to the
Greater Bay Area. Boardwatch magazine and Keynote Systems recently rated GeoNet the best value in the Bay Area for price and performance.
- Based in Walnut Creek but offering a number of toll-free IP dial-up
numbers across the Bay Area, CCnet is worth checking out. Their basic dial-up IP
package is $19.95 (only up to 28.8Kbps), and their ISDN accounts are $29.00
a month, not including hardware.
- Although their focus has long since been on serving businesses, CRL offers nationwide
dial-up and excellent individual SLIP/PPP accounts as well. At two pricing
tiers of $17.95 and $24.95, individual account holders can choose from what
package suits their needs best.
- Whole Earth Networks' Hooked.Net is a local ISP which
also allows its subscribers generous amounts of disk space and monthly fees
ranging from $10 on up.
- Computer Currents magazine maintains this searchable database of service providers, listed by region. Generate a list of Northern California providers, based on the criteria you select.
- View or
list of constantly updated Bay Area ISPs
- The Directory maintains a searchable list of ISPs.
- You can also browse or search The List.
- For more listings, check out the comprehensive Bay Area
Internet Service Providers list.